As listed on our box:
Apply SkinLock immediately after tattoo is completed.
- Clean the tattoo area;
- Apply a THIN layer of SkinLock Tattoo Hydrogel to the tattoo area;
- Immediately mist the tattoo area (from 12” to 18" away) with SkinLock Tattoo Hydrogel Sealant. Do not overspray. Allow time to dry (30-60 seconds);
- Leave SkinLock in place for 3-4 hours. No additional dressing required. To remove, gently wash with warm water.
- Ensure that the fresh tattoo is thoroughly cleaned of all excess blood, ink and tattoo products, especially petroleum-based products, which we never recommend;
- Tear open one packet of hydrogel. Apply the hydrogel directly onto the fresh tattoo using gloved fingers. Cover the entire area (including 1/2" outside the area) with a very THIN layer of hydrogel. Do not apply excess hydrogel… it doesn’t take much. Once applied, it’s normal to have excess hydrogel remaining in the packet (one packet covers an area of approximately 12" x 24" or more). Each packet is single-use only and should not be re-used. Opened packets along with unused hydrogel remaining in the packet should be discarded immediately.
- Ideally, the sprayer should be held approximately 12" to 18" away from the tattoo. If held too close, stinging will occur. You want to MIST the spray onto the tattoo, not a direct spray. It’s best to spray "above" the tattoo and let the mist fall gently onto the area. It only takes about 2-3 sprays to cover a typical tattoo. Maximum 5 sprays per hydrogel packet. Once sprayed, allow enough time until it feels dry to the touch. If done correctly, it should only take a minute or two. If excess hydrogel was applied, it may take up to five minutes;
- Once applied, the client should leave SkinLock on the fresh tattoo for three hours. As per normal tattoo precautions, avoid rubbing the area, do not get the area wet and avoid the sun. After three hours, gently wash it off using warm water, pat it dry and continue normal after-care procedures to keep the area clean and moist until fully healed. It is perfectly safe to keep SkinLock on the skin for longer than three hours, but it will have served its purpose and is no longer effective after this point. For best results, wash it off after three hours.